Grants and Down Payment Assistance
If you are a firefighter / EMT or support staff and have not owned a home in the past three years, you are eligible to participate in the Firefighter Next Door ® First Time Home Buyer Program. Through this program, all firefighters and support staff may purchase ANY home on the market. Plus, you may be eligible for the Firefighter Next Door Grant and additional down payment assistance for firefighters, EMT’s and support staff. Our Firefighter Next Door Program Specialist may also discuss your eligibility for certain state specific grant programs, if available, that may provide additional benefits.
Benefits for First Time Home Buyers:
- NO application fees / NO up-front fees
- Easy application process and up-front pre-approval.
- NO 4-hour home buyer class
- Simple Docs Program™
- Low down payment options for first time home buyers.
- Purchase ANY home on the market
- GRANTS up to $8,000.00
- Down Payment Assistance up to $10,681.00
- Home loans for first time home buyers.
- Preferred interest rates
- FREE appraisal (up to $545.00 credit at closing)
- FREE home buyer representation
- FREE access to (MLS) home listings
- FREE nationwide access to foreclosures
- Discount title fees for first time home buyers
Who is Eligible:
- Probationary firefighters
- Driver Engineers
- Fire Investigators
- Fire Dispatchers
- Field Chiefs
- Fire and EMT office staff
- Fire and EMT maintenance staff
- First Responders
Information updated December 1, 2023